Friday, November 8, 2013

NaNoWriMo Update #2 - Over 22,000 Words So Far

This afternoon, I crossed the 22,000 word count line in my NaNoWriMo novel, The LZR Project. Out of the thirty-four episodes (short stories) I plan to write, I have at least nine full episodes sketched out. The amazing thing that I am encountering while I blow through this NaNo goodness is that my Black Earth series is pushing itself into my storylines, connecting the dots between both of my novel series (Black Earth and Expired Reality) and even answering some questions that readers of my Black Earth series may have had after reading the entire series - such as what happened to Ryn at the end of the series? And as always happens in my novels, certain surprise characters are begging (or forcing) their way into cameos or important roles in some of the stories.

Writing these episodes is so much fun, I almost don't want NaNo to end. But even when it does end, even after I do reach the 50,000 word count goal, I will continue writing because I would like to start releasing these episodes near the beginning of next year, and to do that, I want to have the entire series written out, edited, and with cover designs.

My goal now is to reach 25,000 words by the end of this weekend, and end next week with my ninth year of NaNo under my belt.

No comments: