Tuesday, November 19, 2013

NaNoWriMo Update #5 - 42,000 Words. Almost there!

42,000 is the current word count in my NaNoWriMo novel, The LZR Project. I have a multitude of episodes written out, with quite a few more that still need to be started, giving me plenty of material to work with to reach the 50,000 word goal in no time. In fact, my plan is to finish NaNoWriMo by this coming Thursday night.

So, here are my ideas for the execution of The LZR Project. The first episode (Episode #0) will be released Tuesday, March 4th as a digital download. I am considering using Gumroad for the release of each of my episodes, but I'm not certain about that yet. I'd imagine the price for each episode will be around $1, and episodes will probably be released on a weekly basis, possibly every Tuesday. Once all episodes have been released, I'll turn around and publish the entire series in paperback format. Also, originally I wanted to take episodes down after they were up for a couple weeks to force people to purchase the paperback at the end if they wanted to catch up, and I think I'm going to scratch that idea and keep the previous episodes up as new ones are released so anyone can catch up at anytime.

Anyway, those are just my initial thoughts on what I want to do with this thing once it's finally finished. I already have the cover template finished, and I'll be releasing a sneak peek at that next week. First things first though - I need to finish NaNoWriMo!

No comments: