Friday, February 18, 2011

Lockdown


I planned on writing a post on something related to my fiction today, like one of my character profiles or a nice article on world building, but sadly, it's not going to happen. I've been on a self-initiated lockdown the last couple days, pounding the pavement and scrambling to get two major projects out the door: the edits to Endangered Memories so I can pass the manuscript off to my editor, and the formatting to Picture Perfect so I can release it in ebook format next week.

So far, I'm right on track, though the edits to Endangered Memories are taking so much longer than I thought. When I end up having to go through 500 side comments in the Microsoft Word document, then I know I have my work cut out for me. It doesn't help that I am horrible with creating realistic project deadlines, but I'll admit I'm getting better as the year progresses.

Anyway, I'll be resuming my regular posting schedule on Monday with another writing prompt. Hope everyone has a great weekend. And I hope you're all looking forward to the Picture Perfect release next week. By the way, when it does release, it will be available for free through Smashwords for a limited time, so make sure to take advantage of that when it comes around. ;)

No comments: