Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My Latest Project - Typing Inferno

With us moving to San Francisco at the end of January to take part in the Canvas church plant, I've spent a good deal of time digging through the trash and treasures buried in the closet and bookshelves of my office. The place is a mess, needless to say, as most places are when one is in transition. I've been trying to mentally list the things that need to be done before the move - one of which concerns this 'little' beauty...









































Mission: Australia is the very first novel I wrote - finished when I was only 16 years old. This was not the first story that I wrote - that occurred when I was 11. But this is the first novel I wrote, and it was the last one my grandmother read before she passed away of breast cancer. Needless to say, it's an extremely important item from my past. So it baffles me that I haven't come around to moving it into digital format yet, especially since it is the foundation for which my young adult series, Expired Reality, has been built upon.

As you can see from some of the handwriting - some of which I can't even decipher after all these years - this will be a decent challenge...
























Also, this thing comes out to around 250 pages (last count), meaning I have some work to do if I want to have this typed up before the end of January.


No comments: