Monday, March 31, 2014

Camp NaNoWriMo 2014

Last year was the first year I ventured into the literary adventure known as Camp NaNoWriMo. I didn't know much about it, even though I have participated in the original NaNoWriMo for the past nine years.

While NaNoWriMo forces you to adhere to a 50,000 word count goal for the month of November with a strict advisement against editing, Camp NaNoWriMo is more flexible, allowing you to create your own word count goal and use the month of April or July to polish an existing project - possibly the novel you crafted in the previous November.

I wasn't going to participate in Camp NaNoWriMo this year except for the fact that I am waaaaaay behind on completing my short story series, The LZR Project, which I wrote the bare bones for in November during NaNoWriMo. I have 30+ episodes that have to be written and edited and ready to go by the end of April, and I only have the drafts written for 22 of those episodes. That being said, I am pretty proud as to how far I got in the project during November, but now I have to pull up my bootstraps, engage the warp drive on my coffee maker, and get ready to carve through some late nights in an effort to get these episodes finished.

No comments: