Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sickie Blechy Blech

I really hate being sick. Rarely am I ever sick, but when I am - it's bad. I've been under the weather since last Monday, and I'm just now getting over it. Besides not feeling well, I hate being sick because my project deadlines slide backwards as I lay on the couch and watch cartoons with my son. I had a lot of stuff I wanted to get done by the end of this week, but those tasks are going to have to be pushed out because of my inability to sit at my computer long enough without launching into a cough storm. 

Even though I hate being sick, I know sometimes sickness forces us to do one good thing - rest. I've been known to run myself into the ground working on projects late into the night and forgo sleep to stay one step ahead of my own schedule, but this last week has given me the opportunity (however involuntary is has been) to slow down a bit and just appreciate the fact that on a normal day when I'm not under the weather, I am able to do what I usually do - write. 

For now, I am calmly climbing the hill toward recovery from whatever evil alien invaded my body. Blech.

No comments: