Friday, April 20, 2012

Guild Wars 2 and the Black Earth Writing Marathon


I have been waiting - as have many fans have - so incredibly long for this game to come out. I was mostly pleased with the original Guild Wars, even though I didn't have the time to master the game, so I was pretty excited last week when they announced pre-purchase. I now have a copy of Guild Wars 2 reserved, and next weekend (the 27th) is their first open beta weekend - which I get guaranteed access to since I pre-purchased.


Yeah, I'm stoked!

But I'm also on deadline. Black Earth: Bridge to Anaisha (tentative title) - the fourth and final volume in my Black Earth series - has to be finished by the end of the month, and there are only two weekends left that I can take advantage of to really plug away at the novel. Next weekend is one of them.

What to do, what to do?

I know! A Black Earth writing marathon. Starting today, I'm going to fill my IV with Mountain Dew (Code Red, Baja Blast, and Original), crank my writing meter up to RIDICULOUS, and plug away at this manuscript so I can get it finished by next Friday at noon - the time that the beta weekend starts.

Just writing this, it sounds crazy. I'm only 75,000 words into this thing, still aren't sure where some of the storylines are going, and still have the final scenes to write from scratch. Not to mention the over 250 story notes I still have to go through, all before I can pass it off to my editor.



But Guild Wars 2 is calling. And what better motivation to finish before deadline than the chance to enter the world of Tyria again after years of anticipation?

Here we go! By the way, this means I won't be blogging next week, aside from the Black Earth flash fiction piece #4, which will be posted on Wednesday. Assuming my computer handles the beta okay - I am crossing my fingers - I'll be blogging about my game experience the week after the beta weekend.

See you all on the other side! And leave me a comment if you too are going to be leaping into the world of Guild Wars 2 as well.

No comments: