Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Eleventh Hour



At the moment, I am in my office, glancing at the calendar. Tomorrow night is when rent has to be in the drop box or else late fees will begin to accrue and the path to eviction begins. Though every fearful thought that could run through my mind about this situation wants to come to fruition, I hold them back. I make my stand. I decide to stand firm in the knowledge and faith that God will come through, as He has for the last six months. Am I to worry because He waits until the last minute to do things? Should I be fearful of being put out on the street or having to break our lease when God has taken care of our other bills, our car repairs, and put food on our table? If He is not faithful in one thing, is He not faithful in all things?

For those of you that have been following my blog, you know that my wife and I have been walking a very narrow path, one that we don't always understand. I'll admit that I am human and that I have my doubts when it comes to trusting in God for my finances, especially when the economy around me is crumbling, my bank account is in the single digits and I have bills that, when stacked, are thicker than a Shakespeare novel. It's okay though. Though it's easier to trust God with one of my smaller bills than my rent, money is no object to Him. $5 is the same as $5,000,000. He uses the dollar as a tool to teach us faith and responsibility. But that's a topic for another blog.

If there is one lesson that I have had to learn this last six months, it's that God is faithful. He will come through on His promises and sometimes he will make us wait until the last minute to test our faith. I must trust that His timing is perfect. I must have some degree of faith that allows me to open my arms wide and allow God to take control of the whole situation. I really have no choice at this point but to stress over this or leave it in His hands, where it belongs.

I walked a similiar road months ago when I worked for an unscrupulous company and I was called to take a stand, to set the bar of where we should all be at. To stand for what we feel is right, to not fall into complacency with our purposes or beliefs. And now, once again, I stand and wait. I wait for rent to come through. As others watch and wait with me to see what God will do, I find anticipation running through my veins more than fear. Excitement more than dread. Joy more than sorrow. This isn't some pipe dream where I wish to mooch off those around me for money to pay my rent. This is a destiny that God has called me to, and He will provide in His own ways. He has been faithful for six months and he will be faithful for another six. 

Miracles do still happen. Every day. Every hour. Every second. Just watch...

Micah 7:7 (NLT) - As for me, I look to the Lord for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me.

No comments: