Wednesday, February 17, 2010

HootSuite








One thing that I have found since I started blogging is that the actual process of writing a blog isn't the most time consuming for me. The act of cutting and pasting it into different social network applications is. To resolve this, I did a bit of googling and found a really good - FREE - application called HootSuite.

HootSuite allows you to set your feed address (your blog) and then set up what social network avenues you would like it to be fed to whenever you post to that blog. It will create a tiny URL and send a link to your Facebook, Facebook Pages, Twitter, LinkedIn, Ping.fm and WordPress.

Another great thing about HootSuite is that I don't have to go to my Facebook, Facebook Pages or Twitter on different occasions. I can check their feeds all from HootSuite's interface.

I'm still exploring the application to see what other ways it can help me out, but so far HootSuite seems to be a good solution for helping me get the word out about new posts to the people in my social network.

No comments: