Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo Has Begun...

Yes. We are now within the boundaries of November, meaning I am caught in the grasp of the greatest writing challenge known to man - NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). Each year, thousands of people from around the world participate in the month-long challenge to write 50,000 words. 50,000 words in thirty days. This will be my ninth year competing in and completing the challenge.

My goal this year is to write out thirty-four episodes of a short story mini-series called The LZR Project. These thirty-four episodes will then be polished and released in timed intervals on my website. When all episodes have been released, I'll release The LZR Project into paperback and digital format. This project has me almost more excited than any other NaNoWriMo event from years past, so I may end up finishing NaNo early, albeit with a massive case of carpal tunnel syndrome.

So, for the rest of the month, this is what you can expect from me -
1.) An unhealthy intake of caffeine
2.) High levels of hyperactivity due to a massive outpouring of fictional goodness and the aforementioned caffeine abuse
3.) Questionable hygiene
4.) Sudden mood swings due to frequent interaction with highly emotional and volatile fictional characters
5.) Month-end aversion to sunlight and anything related to the outdoors
6.) Inability to separate real-life from fictional world

Well, wish me luck! If you want to connect with me in NaNo world, here's a link to my profile - http://nanowrimo.org/participants/davidcorbin

No comments: