Friday, August 17, 2012

New Compendium Entry, Podcast Interview, and FB Group

This week I gave you all a glimpse into one of the most violent characters in my Black Earth series, Alpha 1, and I discussed violence and it's place in Christian fiction. Today I'm happy to say that a new entry to the website Compendium has been added: Alpha 1's character profile.

For those who are curious what the Compendium is, it is a (ultimately) massive database that I am building from the ground up that will house information on any and all things from both my Black Earth and my Expired Reality series. Each week, new entries will be added to the Compendium.

Podcast Interview 
Paeter Frandsen, creator of Spirit Blade, did an interview with me a little bit ago. In it, we talk about Black Earth: Dark Masquerade, my Black Earth series as a whole, and discuss the challenges of being an independent Christian artist. Check it out here - http://spiritblade.blogspot.com/2012/08/david-n-alderman-and-batman-earth-one.html

New FB Group
A new Facebook group has been created - Edgy Christian Speculative Fiction. The group is designed to bring attention to this unique genre, and all are available to join. Check it out here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/ECSFiction

On Monday, we'll take a good look at the character of Daisy Pierce from my Black Earth series, and on Wednesday we'll discuss faith and its true place in Christian fiction.

I'll also be dropping some thoughts on my love for writing next week in an effort to start up my series on self-publishing basics.For starters, we'll take a look at Julia Cameron's, The Right to Write, and how it influenced me as a writer.

Until then, have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: